BENSOLVE is a solver for vector linear programs (VLP), in particular, for the subclass of multiple objective linear programs (MOLP). It is based on Benson's algorithm and its extensions.
BENSOLVE is a free software published under the terms of the GNU General Public License. It utilizes the GNU Linear Programming Kit (GLPK). BENSOLVE (from version 2) is written in C programming language.
BENSOLVE provides the following features:
- arbitrary pointed solid polyhedral ordering cones
- primal and dual algorithms
- primal and dual solutions
- support of unbounded problems
- 3D graphics format output
Bensolve is used by the Octave / Matlab package BENSOLVE TOOLS, which is available at http://tools.bensolve.org. BENSOLVE TOOLS (but not BENSOLVE) provides many additional features, such as
- Calculus of Convex Polyhedra
- Calculus of Polyhedral Convex Functions
- Global Optimization